We enjoy what we do at the YWCA of Banff. It’s a special place to work. If you’re an achiever who is passionate about where and the way you spend your days — join our team. Your efforts will be appreciated here.
We provide affordable housing and anti-violence programming, tackling these two tough issues within our community. We also operate the Banff Y Mountain Lodge, a hotel whose proceeds help to fund our charity work.
Roles within our organization are very varied. Some of our jobs look like positions at other hotel facilities in the Bow Valley, but our goal is to improve the lives of others. The benefits of working here include not only the great scenery, but being part of a close-knit, supportive, fun community of international and widely skilled staff.
This page lists current openings within the YWCA Banff and the Banff Y Mountain Lodge. There are openings in the following positions:
Position Title: Guest Service Manager
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for all functions of the front desk operation which includes: staff training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling. The GSM work environment consists of a Hotel, Hostel, Long Term Accommodation and the YWCA programs and services. The GSM works regularly scheduled front desk shifts. Flexibility in work hours is required. The Guest Services Manager should possess strong communication skills and demonstrate leadership abilities.
Full job description can be found here.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- * Overseeing all aspects of the front of the house operations including Front Desk, Night Audit and Night Security.
- * Assist the Director of Operations in attaining occupancy targets as well as weekly occupancy forecasts.
- * Actively involved in the continuous improvement of driving revenues and improving efficiencies.
- * Ensures guest satisfaction levels and standard of quality of service in addition to actively developing and implementing new systems and standards.
- * Upholding and enforcing company policies, procedures and standards.
- * Will directly be involved with recruitment, hiring, training and motivation of all guest service employees, performance management, disciplinary action, promotional recommendations, etc
- * Managing and participating in the check-in and check-out process, ensuring that it is swift, efficient and pleasant.
- * Oversees the training of all guest service agents in emergency procedures, general crisis situation procedure and maintaining a safe work environment.
- * Tracking and reviewing key data including occupancy statistics, room inventory and rate plans.
- * Prepare annual budgets, financial reports, scheduling staff hours.
- * Supervise Guest Service Agents performing front desk duties as required, including: greeting guests, answering the telephone, performing guest transactions and operating the front office computer systems.
- * Provides supervisory assistance to all Guest Service Agents when dealing with situation resolution. Assist guests with issues and complaints, with empathy and a focus on guest satisfaction.
- * Responsible for development and performance of all Guest Service Agents.
- * Work closely with staff to ensure high-quality customer service.
- * Responsible for coordinating with Accommodation Services on the preparations of incoming groups.
- * Participate in management team meetings and training sessions
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- * 3 to 5 years experience with a Front Office operation equal in size and services to that of The Banff YWCA.
- * Computer literacy required: Roommaster Property System Version 14.62, Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Savvy, Hotel Booking Engines as well as multi-line switchboard.
- * Post secondary education, preferably in Hospitality Management and commitment to continued education and development.
- * Budget responsibility – $500,000 – $1,500,000
- * Leadership qualities, along with strong organizational and decision making skills.
- * Ability to learn and communicate product knowledge to guests and employees.
- * Ability to work in a fast paced and stressful work environment.
- * Positive attitude and confident demeanor.
- * Certificate in Domestic Abuse Training
- * $37,544.00 Yearly, for 37.50 hours per week, other benefits, medical benefits, dental benefits, disability benefits, RRSP benefits.
How to Apply:
By Email: Maureen at ywcabanff.ab.ca
Web Site: http://www.ywcabanff.ab.ca
Position Title: Guest Service Agent
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Answer enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person, provide information about services available in the community and respond to guests’ complaints
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems
- Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment
- Previous front desk or related hospitality/customer and sales service experience (minimum 1 year)
- Social Service training for Programs and Services clients
- Knowledge of the Bow Valley Area and tourism Industry
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English and German is an asset
- Experience with Room Master
This is a full time position. Shift work is required. staff accommodation is provided on-site. Rate of Pay: $11.50/hour
Contact: Please submit resume by email or fax only to:
POSITION TITLE: Dorm Housekeeper
LOCATION: Banff, Alberta
Clean Dorm Rooms (this includes bathrooms)
Organizing Dorm rooms
Clean all public washrooms
Clean all public spaces
Vacuum, sweep and mop all floors
Group set ups and tear downs
Experience in a hostel or hotel environment an advantage
Must be able to work in a team and with little supervision
Have an excellent eye for detail
Must have excellent organization skills
Must speak, read and write English
A criminal record check will be needed as well
Must be able to commit for at least 6 months.
SALARY: 10.50 per hour
Stephen Crotty, Director of Operations
Email: Stephen@ywcabanff.ab.ca , Fax: 403-760-3202
POSITION TITLE: Server/Cook – Y Mountain Café
DUTIES: * Cooking daily a la carte menu * Cooking catering menu for group functions * Develop special of the day * Daily kitchen prep * Service for meetings and banquets * Daily cleaning duties * Serving *
REQUIREMENTS: * English speaking * Grade 12 education * Self-motivated/Team player * Great attitude * Neat appearance * Good communication skills * Able to work well independently as well as part of a team * * Some lifting is required * Cash handling experience is an asset.* * Good work ethic and ability to work in a small team environment. * * References and RCMP criminal check are required. *
The position is permanent, full time (35+ hours/week) and available immediately. Shift work and weekends are necessary. Staff accommodation is available and provided on premise.
SALARY: $9.75 – $10.50/hour plus gratuities
Please submit resume, in person to the Y Mountain Cafe, or by fax or email to: Martine Deschênes – Food services Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (403)-760-3202
POSITION TITLE: Housekeeper
TIME: Full Time, Year Round (40 hours/week)
LOCATION: Banff, Alberta
- Cleaning hotel, hostel and residential rooms.
- This includes making beds and cleaning the washroom.
- Cleaning the common areas & offices.
- This includes dusting, mopping and sweeping.
- Function setups and teardown.
Experience in a hostel or hotel environment an advantage. Must be able to work as part of a team as well as have an excellent eye for detail. Must speak, read and write English. A criminal record check will be needed as well. Must be able to commit for at least 6 months.
SALARY: 10.50 per hour
CONTACT: If you are interested in this challenge and want to make a difference in our community, please contact: Stephen Crotty, Director of Operations
Email: Stephen@ywcabanff.ab.ca Fax: 403-760-3202
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance
Manual labor, minor repairs and maintenance. Yard work, furniture moving and painting. Assist with all duties and service calls to hostel and permanent residences. Some caretaking duties as assigned.
Basic knowledge of hotel maintenance or handyman experience. Background skills in plumbing, steam, drywall, electrical, painting, small repairs, chemical usage, safety issues and landscaping.
Rate of pay – $11.00/hour – $12.00/hour.
Please submit resume, in person to the Front Desk, by fax or email to Stephen Crotty
POSITION TITLE: Night Auditor/Night Security
General security of the Banff YWCA, maintain and promote a secure building. Front desk responsibilities including checkins and outs, making reservations, answering phones. Ensuring all night procedures are followed and completing the Night Audit.
Previous Front Desk or related hospitality/customer service experience. Strong communication skills. Must be approachable, open minded and posses excellent listening skills. Previous night shift experience beneficial but not essential.
This position is permanent, full-time and available immediately. Shift work and weekends are required. Staff accommodations and meals are available and provided on-site.
Rate of pay: $10.75/hour
Please submit resume by email or fax only to:
Steve Crotty, Director of Operations
Fax: (403) 760-3202